Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Dentist

My last visit to the dentist was in 2006. Or 2007. I cant remember. But my point is, it had been ages since my last appointment with my orthodontist. Well, I am totally braces free now. Mom told me I had a regular checkup since I was 4. I knew at that time, I was happy to go and see the dentist. Either I will get an Elmo/Ernie/Big Bird toothbrush with a strawberry flavored toothpaste. How wonderful!

Until one day, the regular checkup turned into some horrifying incident. I was 7. It was my first tooth extraction. The doctor, whom I called Dr. Wonder, became Dr. Evil. It took me an hour to get my tooth extracted. I was crying and holding on to the front door, and of course my mom had to calm me down. Tapi, mana la nak tau masa tu, that it was just a tiny little procedure, kan?! Ahahaha- So, in the end, I got my tooth extracted. How? My dad had to sit and hold me on the chair! Thee hee-

Little did I know 7 years after that, I had to go through 3 major dental surgeries, another 4 teeth being extracted, and then I was on braces for 2 years. In fact, I had to put on braces twice due to some complications. Its not that bad... Even now, I still have a permanent retainer.

So, two weeks ago, I went to a dentist for a regular check up. The first after 3 years. I was surprised at the end of the visit, they gave me like 5 toothbrushes, 2 toothpastes, mouthwash, floss, and a mouthspray. I was so happy! It reminds me of the treat I got during my visit when I was small. Mataku berkaca dan bersinar-sinar. And I skipped home happily..!

I have finally found my Dr. Wonder back!

0 comments: